5 things to consider when choosing locker solutions for school
The right system of locker solutions for school, gym or employee break room can save space, offer personal belonging security and create a tidier, more pleasant space for your students, teachers, gym members or employees. Choosing the right system, however, can be tricky. Here are five things to keep in mind when deciding which locker solutions for school is right for you…
- Need durability? Angle frame is a good choice: Angle Frame Lockers solutions specially constructed angle frame provides the robust structural integrity needed to protect belongings in rough environments, including athletic and fitness facilities, school locker rooms, and similar applications. The diamond stamped ventilation holes assure the free flow of air, to reduce odor buildup, and full visibility of locker contents.
- Have a pool or spa? Plastic is best: Plastic Lockers solutions are ideal for indoor high-humidity applications, as these virtually maintenance-free lockers will never rust, rot, corrode or fade. Their half-inch-thick plastic construction features solid color throughout, so even scratches are hard to see. Plus, they are available in multiple configurations.
- Lockers in a tight space? Phenolic locker offer flexibility: Phenolic locker solutions are the material of choice when a high degree of design flexibility is desired or where durability and strength are required. Phenolic lockers can easily be customized and come in single-, double-, triple-, five- and six-tier door configurations as well as a z-style arrangement. Besides being easy to tailor to any space, these lockers are fabricated to stand the test of time. The dense components, combined with stainless steel brackets and fasteners, stand up to the most extreme conditions of moisture and humidity. Phenolic is impact, water and corrosion resistant, and does not support bacteria. The superior construction and materials used in the locker system make it adaptable to all types of facilities, including health clubs, country clubs and executive washrooms.
- Want easy access? Consider cubbies: Cubbies are the ideal solution when non-locked, open storage is appropriate, such as in preschools, daycare centers, churches, office supply/mail rooms, laundry rooms, and retail outlets. Kids love them because they are the right size for little hands and the right height to hang their backpacks and coats on their own. Both locker and shelf style cubbies are available in high-density polyethylene (HDPE) — solid plastic — that makes them durable, resistant to scratches and dents, moisture-resistant, rustproof and never in need of painting. The locker style is also offered in phenolic, when a higher degree of design flexibility is desired.
- Add comfort and convenience with benches: Many buyers overlook the addition of benches, but benches add welcome convenience and comfort to every locker room. Bench tops are very durable, made of hardwood, and coated with clear lacquer. Benches are 9-1/2″ deep x 1-1/4″ thick. Bench tops are also available in solid plastic and black core phenolic.
If you’re looking for the perfect locker solution for your building, AT Equipment offers ASI Lockers, known for their solid construction and easy customization. Contact AT Equipment today to find the locker system that’s the right fit for your space.