How To Vet A Good School Furniture Distributor
Securing a good school furniture distributor partnership with a company that provides quality classroom pieces ensures you can furnish classrooms when needed, even through Quick Ship programs. Finding a distributor you trust will mean speaking with a number of companies and exploring the option to buy on BOCES and state contracts. If you’re in the market for a reputable school furniture distributor, here are key topics to broach with any contending companies.
School Furniture Distributor Consultation
A major benefit to working with a local company means a representative can come to your facility and help determine the size and style of pieces needed for the project. A.T. Equipment Sales works with educational facilities on a one-on-one basis so you know in-person consultations are available when needed. Custom consultations provide:
- One point of contact from beginning to end of your project
- Specific ordering to meet the needs of your space rather than a one-size-fits-all order
- Assistance with installation in some situations
- One stop shop for your multiple school furniture needs (Labs, gym, classrooms, and more)
Previous School Furniture Projects
When vetting school furniture distributor companies, request to see their work with previous schools. While major orders and timely delivery can speak to a company’s ability to function on deadline, you’ll also want to know that the company meets customization requests. From school colors on hallway lockers to your mascot display on gym mats and other equipment, the quality of specialty orders speaks to a distributor’s attention to detail.
Buy on BOCES and State Contracts
The best way to ensure you’re not only getting the proper pieces to fill the classrooms, but also staying on track financially, is to buy on contract. A school furniture distributor that works through a Boards of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES) can help meet the ever-changing needs of your students. Your A.T. Equipment Sales partner will help you develop a collaborative learning space, optimizing the versatility of the equipment.
Questions To Ask School Furniture Supplier
As you decide the best company for your classroom furniture needs, keep these questions in mind:
- How do you handle communications with customers? You need to know if email, a phone call, or text is the best way to reach your distributor.
- Which companies do you use for school equipment and classroom furniture? There are a number of furniture makers – Gared, SmithSystem, Capella Chair and more – so you’ll want to know which products your distributor provides.
- Do you offer school furniture and equipment on contract? When you buy school furniture on contract, you know the A.T. Equipment Sales team will walk through each step of the process – from color selection to installation – to ensure your furnishings add to each student’s experience.
Do your due diligence before selecting a school furniture distributor. Asking for references, researching which equipment companies the distributor uses, and understanding your contract buy options will help you make the best decision for your students and facility needs.